Monday, December 27, 2010

Fog is stupid

Greetings from SFO! Fog has reared it's ugly head and we are now delayed for 2 hours, lame. But what's not lame is ipads and Free wifi! Woo hoo, which means I've been able to indulge myself and surf the web for the past hour, so I thought might as well blog while I'm at it. Yup that's right go nearly 7 months without a peep and in 2 short weeks I've now blogged twice! What is this world coming to. Anyways this post was I spired by the many holiday partys that Adam and I have gone to recently where we have been asked the same questions over and over again. Yes I understand with any big life change i.e getting married, comes a lot of curiosity however it gets to a point that I wish I just had a lust of answers that I could give people and say see number 5 jk.

Top questions people ask when you get engaged ( with the cliff note answers)

1) when are you having kids?
A: we don't know, and since the wedding is coming first it's going to be a while, so chill out. Lol of course when close friends ask me personal questions like this I don't mind of course adam and i are going to have a million kids and live in a shoe jk, but if I just met you,not something I want to tackle in our first conversation.

2) how many kids?
A: see answer to number one,

3) where and when will you live together?
A: April, yes yes I know paint a harlot letter on

4) where are you going on your honeymoon?
A: why do you plan on joining us? Probably somewhere tropical....bora bora, Tahiti, hawii

5) how'd he do it?
This question I don't mind so much however a word of warning to any newly engaged couples, brace yourself you are about to tell the same story about a million times ;)

Finally I'll end my rant on my biggest pet peeve, again let me preface that this only applies to people I dont know that well, I.e I just met you because you are a family friend etc. It seems that when people get engaged, pregnant etc, strangers loose the concept of personal space. Case in point, when a stranger grabs my ring finger to examine my ring. I recently had a lady that I just met, grab my hand as she was saying "ohh let me see your ring!" wait a minute the correct approach is "can I see your ring" and let me show it to you, don't grab me or my person so you can examine my ring. Maybe it just weirds me out when strangers touch me, but It definitely does not bother me when friend or family do that, threes just something about a strange person grabbing at you that bugs me. Similarly ive had friends that are pregnant who express the same feeling when strangers touch their bellies, but I can imagine that's even worse. Alright enough of that for now. Going to go will this fog to burn off ;) merry foggy Christmas

No comments: